Hotel 23
April 23, 2014, 07:19:40 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Got Twitter?  Check out the Official J.L. Bourne Twitter Page!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Remot 6 Confusion,,, Spoilers  (Read 4602 times)
ShastaHawk
FNG

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:46:01 PM »

Let me get this straight. Remote 6 wanted Kilroy to get home H23 to launch a nuke at the fleet. Why did they not drop the buggy and weapons in the first drop which would expediate his trip home? It did not make sense to me to drop the weapons and supples first and wait a week or two later, IIRC, to drop the transport 
Wardogz
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 03:01:09 PM »

Not sure but your kind of nit picking here mate. But hell, maybe R6 only acquired the vehicle after the first drop? It hard to say without really knowing who or what R6 are.
ShastaHawk
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:09:19 AM »

Not sure but your kind of nit picking here mate. But hell, maybe R6 only acquired the vehicle after the first drop? It hard to say without really knowing who or what R6 are.

It's not nitpicking when it totally defies any kind of logic. Well anyways, I really enjoyed both books and this is the only thing about them that annoyed me
Yem
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »

Defies any kind of logic?  I don't know about that.   

It makes more sense to drop off the essentials first. Food/water/weapons/ammo.  Besides, there are plenty of vehicles already on the ground. Using a charger and gas treatment is a hell of a lot easier, quieter, and safer than a buggy being air dropped in and attracting zombies. 

Remember, when that first drop came in, he wasn't protected by project hurricane yet.

Wardogz
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »

We don't know who R6 are, it's a mystery. Perhaps they are mostly AI and therefore do not apply the same type of logic to a situation as we do. Perhaps R6 didn't have possession of the Jeep at the time of the first drop off? It's hard to comment on it without knowing more about R6.
Skysdelimit
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »

It could be that R6 wanted to give the equipment in pieces to build trust.  Also by making multiple drops at assigned locations it is easier to track somebody and have them go the route that you want.  But as people have said before we dont really know enough about R6 to make definitive statements.
ShastaHawk
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 12:20:56 AM »

Now that did make sense. So essentually, S6 could have used the drops to force Kilroy to go the way they wanted him to go and with the bomb thing, they might have figured that Kilroy would have build up a trust toward them by the time he got to H23
Wardogz
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »

Now that did make sense. So essentually, S6 could have used the drops to force Kilroy to go the way they wanted him to go and with the bomb thing, they might have figured that Kilroy would have build up a trust toward them by the time he got to H23

I always thought that too, although they needed him to use his CAC card to launch the nukes, they must have been banking on him trusting them after all the help they gave him. I wonder if they knew Kilroy/H23 was allied to the career fleet?

Casca910
Vetted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 09:37:27 PM »

I think they were waiting till Saen caught up to him

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear" ~ Ambrose Redmoon
"Fire kills and so do Politicians"~ Me
duaned
Vetted Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »

you know i never thought that he could be part of R6 but it could possibly be true.
Wardogz
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »

you know i never thought that he could be part of R6 but it could possibly be true.

Wow that's an interesting idea.
A1C Lickey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »

Honestly, I always figured it was logistics and manpower.

You can only load so much in the back of a C-130, and I hope that Remote Six was supporting multiple survivors, so each  one gets a basic load. When they figured out who Kilroy was and he proved he had a chance of survival they sent the extra equipment.

Doc:   Hey Sarge, do you have a, quote, zombie plan, unquote? Hmhm.
Sarge:   A zombie plan, of course not!
Doc:   See, I told you-
Sarge:   I have thirty-seven different zombie plans!
Grif:   Wow! Now that's preparation. I am seriously impressed, Sarge.
Yem
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 05:58:23 AM »

Honestly, I always figured it was logistics and manpower.

You can only load so much in the back of a C-130, and I hope that Remote Six was supporting multiple survivors, so each  one gets a basic load. When they figured out who Kilroy was and he proved he had a chance of survival they sent the extra equipment.

I tend to agree with this. And remember, there was a map that was in the drop that showed other "drops", some of witch were already dropped off (drops crossed off the map)
duaned
Vetted Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »

Saien=R6?? it makes since if you think about it
aataxi
FNG

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 04:38:18 PM »

I believ that Saen had to be part of R6, how else could he have tracked our hero for all that time?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: